Clubs and Activities
Staples High School Clubs and Activities
Mission and vision of Staples High School on extracurricular activities:
To provide a safe and dynamic environment where students can seek out their passions beyond the academic classroom. We believe that clubs and activities are an essential part of a students development. Extra curricular clubs and activities at Staples High School foster essential skills such as creative problem solving, divergent thinking and teamwork. Additionally the relationships developed with staff and students through our clubs and activities enhances our school culture and climate.
Expectations for Clubs and Activities:
- Login to Google Classroom for scheduled club and or activity
- Be online and present during their scheduled club or activity
- Students are prohibited from recording of the clubs and activities video conferences sessions.
- Complete activities responsible for to support the club and or activities purpose, mission, vision.
- Advocate for oneself when club advisor support is required
- Maintain appropriate online behavior
- During the period of school closure, the Westport Public Schools will be implementing some of your child’s extra curricular clubs and activities through group video conferencing using Google Meet or other district approved platforms.
- These services may be provided in a group setting with multiple students participating in the video conference.
- Student names and video images will be visible to the club advisor and other participating students.
- Parents are encouraged to have their students participate via a location that is quiet and free of distraction, to the extent possible.
- Other individuals in the home are not permitted to participate in or be visible on the video club and activity conference, or otherwise observe the lesson, other than reasonable adult supervision of the student.
- Parents and students are prohibited from recording of the clubs and activities video conferences sessions.
- All individuals shall comply with relevant Board of Education policies, including but not limited those concerning the confidentiality of student records and acceptable use of district computer systems, which policies can be accessed at http://z2policy.cabe.org/cabe/Z2Browser2.html?showset=westport.