Please visit Naviance for an extensive listing of scholarships and utilize our SHS Guidance Scholarship Opportunities and Resources document (will be updated Winter 2022; contact Ms. Zeigler for assistance in the meantime) for updated information about local and regional scholarships!
Institutional Scholarships and Grants:
Many colleges and universities offer scholarships and grants to their students. Students may be automatically considered for these as part of the general admission application, or there may be a separate application required. Depending on the college, a student may need to apply by a date earlier than their intended application deadline to also be considered for scholarship money. It is essential for students to check the financial aid page of each institution they apply to for specific details about available money and the application process.
Staples High School Scholarships:
There are a number of scholarships available to Staples students including Staples Tuition Grants, Westport P.A.L. Scholarship, Drew Friedman Community Arts Center Scholarship, Westport Woman’s Club Scholarship, Westport Police Benevolent Association Scholarships, and Fairfield County Community Foundation's Staples High School Designated Scholarships. For more information, deadlines, and links to applications, visit our SHS Guidance Scholarship Opportunities and Resources document (will be updated Winter 2022; contact Ms. Zeigler for assistance in the meantime) or reach out to Ms. Zeigler, College and Career Center Coordinator, at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Fairfield County Scholarships:
- Fairfield County Community Foundation: www.fccfoundation.org
- Person to Person: https://p2phelps.org/services/scholarships/
- Fairfield County Bank: https://www.firstcountybank.com/richard-e-taber-citizenship-award-scholarship
- Milton Fischer Scholarship: www.rbffoundation.org
- The Susan Fund: http://thesusanfund.org/
College Scholarship Search Engines:
Families should always be cautious when considering the source of scholarships. No fee should ever be paid for scholarship services nor should any organization guarantee a student a scholarship.
- U.S. Department of Education: https://studentaid.ed.gov/sa/types/grants-scholars...
- U.S.Department of Labor: http://careerinfonet.org/scholarshipsearch