College & Career Center
Ms. Sandra Zeigler
College & Career Center Coordinator
The common thread in my work is connecting people with information and resources to help them identify and achieve their goals. As the college and career center coordinator, I work with young people at an exciting, but sometimes confusing time in their lives. I believe the college and career center is a place for all students to visit; whether to work on a resume, to attend a college visit or workshop, or simply to find a quiet place to study.
I frequently participate in professional development including conferences, workshops, courses, and campus visits. I am especially interested in college affordability and the financial aid process, and with over a decade spent overseas, I am passionate about international education. I regularly connect with international admission representatives and have recently toured programs and universities in Canada, Scotland, Italy, and France. Please reach out or stop by the College and Career Center if you would like to learn more!
College Representative Visits
Each year, approximately 200 colleges hold information sessions with interested Staples students.
- Students: Check Scoir for upcoming visit information. Print and have your teacher sign a pass to attend a college visit.
- College representatives: Please visit Scoir to schedule an appointment with our high school.
Resources for Students
- The Job Bank is a list of employment and community service opportunities for Staples students.
- Working Papers are issued for employment within the state of Connecticut.
- Scholarships applications are available through the College and Career Center. For a more complete list of local scholarship opportunities for which Staples students can apply, refer to the SHS Counseling Scholarship Resources.