Learning Support Centers
The Staples Learning Centers are designed to help meet the academic needs of students outside of class. These centers are staffed throughout the school day by Staples teachers and are available to ALL Staples students.
- Math/Science Learning Center
- English/Social Studies Writing Center
- World Languages Learning Center
- Information and Technology Literacy Center – SHS Library Media Center
The staff are available to help students:
- Discuss problems from the previous night’s homework which caused difficulty
- Get some help prior to a quiz or test
- Consult a teacher about a project
- Learn content missed because of absence from class
- Have extended time to take a test
- Get help with problems related to the CAPT, AP, or SAT tests,
Also available at Staples are our reading and writing intensive courses. Designed for students who need to more fully develop their skills in the areas of reading and writing. More information on these courses can be found in the Course Catalog, or contact your counselor.