Archived SHS Weekly Emails
SHS WEEKLY PLANNER 8/28/18
Staff development day
11:00 - 12:00
New Family Orientation
Board of Education Meeting
First day of school
2:30 - 4:30 pm
Staples Players General Meeting
Staples Players Parent Meeting
Auditorium (Adults only, please)
10:00 - 11:30 am
New Family Coffee
Moscovit’s Home - 98 Hillspoint Road
August 31 & September 4
Student Picture days
No school - Labor Day
Board of Education Meeting
6:30 - 9:00 pm
Back-to-School night, grades 9 & 10
11:00 - 12:30 pm
Joint New Family Reception (SHS, BMS, CMS)
Wakeman Town Farm
No School - Rosh Hashanah
6:30 - 9:00 pm
Back-to-School night, grades 11 & 12
No School - Yom Kippur
7:00 - 9:00 pm
SHS College Financial Aid Application Night
PTA Coffee with Principal D’Amico
Faculty Dining Room
In this week’s planner…
- New Families info
- SHS Picture Days
- Back to School Nights
- Important Start of School Forms
- Yearbook Order Link
- Class of 2019 Info
- Staples Players
- Board of Education
New to the Westport School District?
There are several events for new families at Staples. First of all, the SHS Guidance Department is hosting an orientation for families new to the Westport School District today, Monday, August 27tth from 11am-12.30pm in the SHS Library.
This will be followed-up by a PTA newcomer coffee morning on August 30th from 10-11.30 am at the home of Stefanie Moskovit, 98 Hillspoint Road. Newcomer coffees are generally held monthly.
Finally, there will be a joint reception for new families from SHS, CMS and BMS at Wakeman Town Farm on for Saturday September 8th at 11am-12.30pm.
SHS Picture Days are Friday 8/31 and Tuesday 9/4. You can order your child’s photo online at mylifetouch.com (Picture Day ID: RI098046Q0). All students will be photographed for their Staples ID card, but no photo orders will be taken without a completed form & payment! Extra forms will be available at SHS at the front desk for anyone who needs one. Thank you tp those parents who have already volunteered to help but to sign up for the remaining available slots, please click here to access the signup genius. If you have any questions or wish to volunteer, please feel free to contact Claudia Shaum (email@example.com) or Jacqueline Passios (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Need some Wreckerwear?
Show your back-to-school spirit and support the PTA by purchasing Staples Wreckerwear! Click HERE or just go to shopasf.com and put “wreckerwear” in the search bar to find an assortment of Staples logowear.
SHS Back to School Nights
11th - 12th Grades - Thursday, Sept 13th 6:30pm – 9:00pm
Start of school forms
To order a yearbook, place your order by clicking HERE. Please save your order confirmation email for end of year book pick-up and bring to distribution in June. More detailed information regarding the yearbook can be found here.
Class of 2019
- Senior Portraits: portrait deadline December 14. Portrait selection deadline January 14. Seniors have special portraits taken for the yearbook. Prestige Portraits by Lifetouch is our official photographer. Prestige mails a pre-assigned portrait sitting time at the end of junior year with sittings beginning in May. If you cannot make the appointment, you must reschedule your sitting by clicking HERE or call Prestige at 1-800-426-9533. You cannot have a photo taken without an appointment. Only senior portraits taken by Prestige are allowed to be used in the senior section of the yearbook (no school ID photos, no home photos, no other professional portraits, etc). Once you receive your portrait proofs, approximately 2 weeks after your photo session, please choose a vertical pose for your yearbook submission...a blue background is preferred (no props, expressive gestures, animals, etc. allowed). Contact Prestige with your Proof #. You are under no obligation to purchase portrait packages. If you do not have a photo taken by Prestige by the last available appointment, Dec. 14, you WILL NOT be pictured in the senior portrait section of the yearbook. LAST DAYS to have portrait taken and be included in the YBK!! Photographers will be shooting at Staples on the following dates (in front of SHS Auditorium)
- SEPTEMBER 17-18, 20 - 2-8pm
- OCTOBER 12-13 - 2-8pm
- NOVEMBER 14-16 - 2-8pm
- DECEMBER 12-14 - 2-8pm
- Senior Ads: deadline Oct. 22. Click HERE to purchase an ad go to and click the "Buy a Yearbook Ad" link. Because we have a limited number of pages, ads are sold on a first-come, first-serve basis, with a limit of 1/2 page per family. Groups of seniors may buy additional "friends" ads. No late ads will be accepted.
- Senior Baby Pictures: deadline Oct. 22. Baby pictures submitted are from infant to Kindergarten age. Click HERE to submit a baby picture.
- General Meeting - SHS Auditorium, Staples Auditorium: Tuesday, August 28, 2:30 - 4:30 pm. All students interested in being part of the award-winning Staples Players, one of the largest and most active student organizations at SHS, must attend the GENERAL MEETING from 2:30 - 3:30 pm.
- Parent Meeting - SHS Auditorium, Wedmesday, August 29th, 7:00 pm – for parents only of current and prospective members of Staples Players
- Please click HERE for the Staples Players flyer
Board of Education
The next regular BOE meeting will be held at the SHS Cafeteria today, Monday, August 27th at 7:30 pm. Click HERE for the current meeting agenda. This meeting can also be viewed live on channel 78 or via computer on the district’s website or by clicking here: BOE Meeting Live Stream
Community Bulletin Board Information - click HERE.
Tom Holleman and Netta Levy
Staples High School PTA Co-Presidents
Archived Weekly Planners
This page contains a link to a folder containing all archived SHS Weekly emails for 2017-18 school year.
Note: it's saved in Alphabetical order, not in chronological order