Scheduling An Appointment With Your Counselor
Adding Your School Counselor’s Calendar
- You must be logged into your students.westportps.org account.
- Select the Apps in the upper right hand corner of the screen. Then, open up your calendar.
- When in your calendar, add your school counselor’s calendar to your “Other Calendars” on the lower left hand side of the screen. To do so, type your school counselor’s name in the box where it states, “Add a coworker’s calendar,” and select his/her name.
- You can now view when your counselor is available for an appointment. (In order to view his/her calendar, make sure the small box to the left of the name is colored.)
Adding the SHS Daily Schedule Rotation Calendar
- When in your calendar, copy and paste the following link in the box where it states, “Add a coworker’s calendar”: email@example.com.
- Click enter, and the SHS Daily Schedule Rotation Calendar will appear. (In order to view this calendar, make sure the small box to the left of the name of the calendar is colored.)
Note: This calendar may not be adjusted for special schedules.
Scheduling an Appointment with Your School Counselor
- When you look at your counselor’s calendar, “Busy” will indicate when he/she is already scheduled for an appointment. You may schedule an appointment during the school day anywhere that is not indicated as “Busy.”
- When you select a time, a pop-up box will appear to create an event.
- First, in the title section, add your first and last name.
- Then, adjust the time. (We recommend 15 minute increments.
- If you would like to add a description of what you would like to discuss, you can do that as well.
- Then, select “More Options” and under “Add Guests,” type in your counselor’s name. Select the box that says, “Guests can: Modify Event,” and click save.
- A popup will appear stating, “Would you like to send invitations to guests?” Select “Send.”
Your meeting will be added to your calendar and your school counselor’s calendar. Your counselor can either accept the meeting request or deny it if he/she has another obligation at that time. If you need to see your counselor on the same day you are scheduling the appointment, see the guidance secretary to schedule it.
To better view the instructional video below, click Play then YouTube or Full Screen.